Subject: RE: [security-services] Re: Last-call drafts and call for review now available on website

Karl

I found this confusing as well, since it has nothing to do with OASIS
process. Basically the TC decides that the current drafts are feature
complete and ready for detailed review. As such the TC can still make
substantive changes if necessary.
Part of the confusion is the relation to W3C process, where the term
does have standards body meaning.

Public review here is unofficial, unlike the public review part of the
OASIS TC Process.

----
Prateek sent out the following clarification that is helpful for
understanding:

1. What is "Committee Last Call" status? I cannot find any such term on
the OASIS web site? Does it mean the specification is completely frozen?

Answer:

This is a term defined by the SSTC. It has no formal meaning in terms of
the OASIS process. It should not be confused with an OASIS committee
draft. It does not mean that the specification is frozen and cannot be
changed.

By designating a document set to be committee last call, the TC
indicates that the document set is feature complete with stable schema.
Further, the TC feels ready to seek detailed review of the document set
from implementors, deployers and other folks outside the SSTC.
----

Regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

ft) Or has that public review already taken place? If it's a > public
review there's a process to follow, i.e. I have to