Subject: RE: [security-services] Conformance requirements - SSL/TLS issues

Scott,

If you refer to the "Kerberos cipher suite for TLS" described in RFC2712
- I doubt anybody will use this as it has not been used by anybody yet.
The preferred option is to use SASL/HTTP instead - when this standard
has matured enough to be usable.

Cheers,
Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Cantor [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: 09 September 2004 22:11
To: 'Mishra, Prateek'; Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com;
security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [security-services] Conformance requirements - SSL/TLS
issues

Note that after we discussed this two weeks ago, I pulled the bindings
text at the beginning that talks about specific algorithms. I left in
the bit that requires use of X.509 certificates when using TLS for
authentication, but that's it.

Even that may be arguable (does anybody expect to use the Kerberos
suites, for example?)

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/l
eave_workgroup.php.