Subject: Re: [security-services] "Registration" process for third-party SAMLcustomizations

Forgot to bring this up on today's call.  Any comments?  I don't think
we particularly need to rush to get this settled as long as we do it by
the time V2.0 is final; it probably needs a quorate discussion, so
that'll be Nov 9.  (I think Mary McRae also wanted a chance to convince
me that we should be using the OASIS Registry for this...)

	Eve

Eve L. Maler wrote:

> Here's the sort of thing I was thinking of adding to the SAML website
> regarding a "registration" process.  What do you all think?
>
> ========
> SAML Customizations:
>
> SAML is designed for extensibility, and it is anticipated that some SAML
> users will want to custom-design their own profiles, attribute profiles,
> authentication context classes, and/or extensions as appropriate for
> their purposes.  The SSTC invites third parties who are customizing SAML
> to notify us of the existence of their documented SAML usage so that we
> can list and link to the documents on this site.  This listing is
> intended to help other SAML users more easily find and use existing
> customizations.
>
> It is expected that any such customization document adhere to any
> guidelines set forth in the relevant SAML specification; as one example
> of a guideline, each profile must be assigned a unique URI.
>
> To notify the SSTC of your customization, use the [link: comment form].
>  The SSTC reserves the right not to list any customization, and no
> endorsement by the SSTC of any listed customization is implied.
>
> If you are an OASIS member and wish to contribute a SAML profile or
> other customization to the SSTC for consideration in future work on
> SAML, please refer to the OASIS TC process for the proper way to make a
> contribution.
> ========
>
>     Eve

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com