Subject: Re: [security-services] "Registration" process for third-party SAMLcustomizations

Thanks for the suggestion -- you're right that it was ambiguous in that
way.  Here's a slight tweak to your tweak:

"This offer of a listing does not imply endorsement of any SAML-based
specification, and the SSTC reserves the right not to list any received
submission."

I feel like I should add "Not valid in Tennessee or wherever such
contests are prohibited" or something. :-)

	Eve

Linn, John wrote:

> Proposed tweak to one sentence:

> The SSTC reserves the right not to list any SAML-based specification,
> and no endorsement by the SSTC of any such specification is implied.
> The SSTC [link: IPR declaration page] does not apply to such
> specifications.  This listing is a courtesy only.

> Suggest replacement for first sentence: "The SSTC does not imply endorsement of any SAML-based specification, and reserves the right not to list all received submissions."  As written (even given the disclaimer in the final sentence), I could imagine someone parsing the first sentence's clause structure to infer that the "no endorsement" clause applies only to specifications that the SSTC decides not to list.
>
> --jl

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com