Subject: RE: [security-services] NameIDPolicy Format use clarification

Note that section 8.3 of core does not list the
urn:...:nameid-format:encrypted since it is never actually carried in
the format attribute of an actual NameID.  It is described in the
NameIDPolicy element discussion (section 3.4.1.1).

We should probably list it in the section with a clear explanation of
where it is used (and not used).

So is the assumption that if the NameIDPolicy does request an encrypted
NameID, that the returned NameID should be a persistent identifier?
IMO, SOMETHING should be stated to be assumed, since otherwise, the
"...:encrypted" format is not useful.

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.