Subject: fyi: Approval of SAML v2.0 as an OASIS Standard

so, SAMLv2 [1] is officially _done_.  Hurray!

 From a specification perspective, it effectively supersedes it's predecessors,
LibertyID-FFv1.x and SAMLv1.x, as most folks here in the SSTC realize. However,
OASIS's overall document process hasn't yet matured to the point of addressing
this aspect of a spec's life (eg the end of it) -- so maybe we can help it, I
mean ourselves, figure out how to do this.

But I digress -- getting SAMLv2 done and officially approved is a worthwhile
milestone to have achieved, and I thank the many folks here in the SSTC who've
worked hard to make it happen. Not the least of which is Scott Cantor. Thank
you Scott! Also making significant hands-on contributions were Rob Philpott and
Prateek Mishra (our erstwhile co-chairs), Tim Alsop, Conor Cahill, John Hughes,
John Kemp, Frederick Hirsch, Paul Madsen, Eve Maler, Rebekah Metz, Jahan Moreh,
and Rick Randall.

thanks again folks.

JeffH

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=security#samlv20

[we (OASIS) are apparently doing some navel-gazing wrt the mechanics of
publishing oasis-wide documents, and hence there's still some bits to work out
in order to get the absolutely-final-and-polished specs put up on the web.
hopefully this'll get done this or next week]