Subject: Re: [security-services] XPath Attribute Profile: XPath URI as a URN

Just to be pedantic at you guys, URIs are a superset that includes
URLs and URNs.  These days we've all been trained to say "URI" when
we likely mean "http URL" (much like "spokesman/spokesperson", I
guess :-).

Regarding canonicalization of URIs, there's a huge section in the
XPointer framework spec going over the implications of normalizing
and encoding XPaths/XPointers in the context of a URI/IRI:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#escaping

This spec also goes into how you figure out namespace context:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#nsContext

	Eve

--
Eve Maler                                      eve.maler @ sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Business Alliances     x40976 / +1 425 947 4522