Subject: Re: [security-services] Proposal to correct LDAP/X.500 profileattribute

I'm fine with the original option 2 if that's what folks are more
comfortable with. That just means that the encoding must be signaled
out-of-band (in the same way that the profile itself is signaled).

Option 6 is just an extension of option 2 that preserves the in-band
signaling of the encoding (what we were trying to do with x500:Encoding)
using xsi:type, but it does come at the expense of having to define
extensions of the pre-defined types when alternate encodings are being used.

-Greg