Subject: fyi: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-saml-00

The "sip-saml" internet-draft, which comprises both a SIP SAML profile and a
SIP SAML binding. This work is entering a bit more formal phase in the IETF
process in that it is now a "working group draft" (hence the new filename with
new rev number, it was formerly draft-tschofenig-sip-saml-xx). The expectation
is for us to polish this and submit it for approval as a "proposed standard"
maturity level standards-track RFC. There are other I-Ds in the works that also
reference SAML, it remains to be seen whether we craft them into their own
particular SAML profiles or whether we enhance the sip-saml draft to accomodate
them.

JeffH

[a condensed expose' on IETF doc series and maturity levels can be had here:
http://identitymeme.org/ietf-document-series-and-how-document-standing-is-denoted/]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400
From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
CC: sip@ietf.org

This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: SIP SAML Profile and Binding
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2006-6-20

    This document specifies a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) profile
    of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) as well as a SAML SIP
    binding.  The defined SIP SAML Profile composes with the mechanisms
    defined in the SIP Identity specification and satisfy requirements
    presented in "Trait-based Authorization Requirements for the Session
    Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

<<< Message/External-body;name="draft-ietf-sip-saml-00.txt": Unrecognized >>>