Subject: Re: [security-services] RE: Experiment in "redline" version of corespec

Scott Cantor wrote:
>> - Does the title page text sound about right?
>
> It's a little overly explicit for my taste. It reads so loose that people
> would look at it and think "well, it's not real yet, so I can ignore it".

Instead of this weasel-wording...

"Although this may look similar to the original *OASIS* *Standard*
document produced by the Security Services Technical Committee and
approved by the OASIS membership on 1 March 2005, this errata
composite document is a *non-normative* *working* *draft*. N.B.: The
SAML V2.0 errata document and the entire set of errata composite
documents, including this one, are not on an OASIS Standard track,
but the text changes proposed here may ultimately find their way
into a future standards-track SAML specification."

...wow about this less cautious text?

"This errata composite document is a working draft based on the
original OASIS Standard document produced by the Security Services
Technical Committee and approved by the OASIS membership on 1 March
2005.  While the errata corrections appearing here are
non-normative, they reflect the consensus of the TC about how to
interpret the specification and are likely to be incorporated into
any future standards-track revision of the SAML specification."

> Somebody needs to propose an errata process to OASIS.

I'll let Jeff take that on. :-)

>> - To make it easier to read, should I permanently "accept" the
>> changes that appear on the title page?
>
> I would.

If anyone disagrees let me know.

>> - Would it be useful for me to turn all the "[PEnn]" text sprinkled
>> around the spec into hyperlinks to the latest version of the errata
>> doc?  (I'd have to update them all every time I revised the
>> composite, since we don't have a persistent URL for the "latest"
>> errata doc.)
>
> I don't think it's worth doing unless they're persistent and no work to
> maintain.

Okay.

> Is there a rule that says TC documents have to be kept in Kavi? You can
> probably tell where I'm headed with that...

Hmm, since they're non-normative... :-)

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com