Subject: Re: [security-services] Migrating appropriate content from the TCwiki to SAML XML.org

A few comments inline below...

href="http://saml.xml.org/differences-between-saml-v2-0-and-liberty-id-ff-1-2";>

> SAML XML.org: Differences Between SAML V2.0 and Liberty ID-FF 1.2</a".
>
> At http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAMLDiffs can we put a notation: This
> content has been moved to <a
> href="http://saml.xml.org/differences-between-saml-2-0-and-1-1";>SAML XML.org:
> Differences Between SAML V2.0 and SAML V1.1</a".

That seems reasonable to me, and I'll make the change shortly baring any
major objections.  Tom, I realize you wanted this content on the oasis-open
wiki but based on the differing intent of the two sites that Carol mentions
below and Mary discusses at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200801/msg00015.html,
I believe that the xml.org site is the more appropriate location.

> I see that http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAMLOpenSourceImplementations
> already has a pointer to SAML XML.org (although the current link is dead). If
> this is meant to be a listing of open source implementations, I think the link
> should point to the product directory, http://saml.xml.org/products.

That link just had a extraneous character on the end of it which was
resulting in the broken link.  I've fixed "moved page" at
wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAMLOpenSourceImplementations to correctly link
to http://saml.xml.org/saml-open-source-implementations.

> Are there other pages on the TC wiki that people think should be migrated to
> SAML XML.org?
>
> (In case anyone is still not clear on the differences between the TC wiki and
> SAML XML.org, http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security is provided as an aid to TC
> collaboration and is used by TC members to discuss and document their
> work-in-progress. It is like an extension of the TC mail list, publicly
> viewable, but only TC members may post to it. http://saml.xml.org/wiki is a
> community knowledgebase, a collection of information topic pages that relate
> using and understanding SAML. Anyone can create and edit pages.)

I realize that there are a variety of opinions on the two wiki's and I feel
most of the comments and concerns are quite valid.  However, and maybe I'm
just being naïve here, I think that if we use the guidelines Carol mentions
here, it's not unreasonable to have, use and maintain the two.  I'll add an
element to the agenda to discuss this (again) tomorrow.