OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [security-services] SSTC Call Minutes for April 22, 2008


I was present on the call as well.  This is my second; I missed the last one because I was in an inhospitable time zone.  I'm Nate Klingenstein, from Internet2, a non-voting member.

I'd also like to insert some brief additional notes for 3.4 in addition to the comments I added when I uploaded draft 02.

*  Feedback is requested on whether to integrate sections 2.4 and 2.5 of this draft for simplicity, or to leave them separate so that message processing is distinct from messaging.
*  Widening or narrowing of this profile to encompass or clarify use cases would be considered.
*  All other review and comment is gratefully accepted!

Thanks a lot for performing this thankless job,

On 22 Apr 2008, at 17:40, Anil Saldhana wrote:
Roll Call:

Voting Members:
Brian Campbell    Ping Identity  
Scott Cantor      Internet2  
Eve Maler         Sun Microsystems  
Jeff Hodges       NeuStar  
Ari Kermaier      Oracle  
Hal Lockhart      BEA Systems, Inc  
Paul Madsen       NTT Corporation
Rob Philpott      EMC Corporation   
Anil Saldhana     Red Hat    
Tom  Scavo        NCSA
George Fletcher   AOL  
David Staggs   Veteran's Health Admin
Eric Tiffany   Liberty Alliance Project
Emily Xu   Sun Microsystems
Prateek Mishra   Oracle

Kent  Spaulding      Tripod Technology Group  
Sampo  Kellomki      Symlabs
Srinath Godavarthi   Nortel (Welcome)

Quorum Achieved: 15 out of 17 voting members.

From: Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>
Date: 22 April 2008 17:03:00 GMT+00:00
Subject: [security-services] raw minutes (w/o attendance) for April 22, 2008


Quorum achieved.

1. Approve minutes from March 25, 2008

- approved, unanimous consent.

2. Administrative

2.1 SSTC Home Page
Older versions, extraneous content, etc.

- How to organize SAML home page? Can some of this information be migrated to Wikis?
- Hal calls for proposals - we first need to see this..
- Eve to look into this, but can only investigate mid-May..

3. Document Status

3.1 Subject-based Profiles for SAML V1.1 Assertions (Draft-03)

- Motion - move document to CD status, Tom Scavo moves, Jeff Hodges seconds..
- Motion passes without any objection

- Motion - move document to public review, Tom Scavo moves, Eric Tiffany seconds..
- Unanimous consent

- AI: Tom Scavo to update to CD format
- AI: Brian will submit to OASIS admin for public review

3.2  Five specs approved as Committee Specifications
Looks like CS versions for LDAP/X.500 Attribute Profile, IdP Discovery
Service Protocol and Profile and the  "SimpleSign" Binding are still needed

- Brian discusses next steps 
  - Comments received from Sampo on Simple Sign binding
- Where should comments be dealt with? Scott believes comments can be resolved in Errata.
- General discussion - Sampo would like to see resolution of comments integrated 
into specification
- Resolution - first complete discussion of comments, figure out next steps after

- Brian notes that three documented implementations required to progress docs further..

3.3 Technical Overview
CD 02 uploaded on 4/2, wiki updated, SSTC home page link updated

- brian suggests spec marinate in doc repository for a while..

3.4 Holder-of-Key Web Browser SSO Profile Draft
New Draft uploaded 4/21

- recent update, please review and comment..

4 Errata

4.1 A placeholder for tying up loose ends from all the discussion on the
last call

- Scott hasnt updated the errata document yet
- additional comments received on PE67
- Metadata discussion - questions about how metadata specification is being used?
- Scott to propose text with stronger language around presence and absence of elements in metdata

5 Other business

- Two proposals from Sampo sent to the mailing list

- how to add information about requested attributes to AuthNRequest
- ui issues - concerning names

6 Action Items 
None as of 21 April 2008 04:14pm EDT
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]