Subject: RE: Resend: ISSUE:[UC-8-0*:Intermediaries*]

My thoughts here are:

we need to keep SAML structure manipulation as simple as possible. I would
be very worried about permitting change of structure or content of an
assertion.

[CR-8-01] and [CR-8-05] pretty much take care of this issue to my
satisfaction.

Another direction of complexity is modeling unbounded assertion chaining:
assertion A depends on B, C and D; assertion B depends upon Q and so on.
Some of this stuff is needed: for example, in S2ML, entitlement assertions
referred to name assertions. Basically,
a login act results in a name assertion which provides the basis for
attributes published
by different attribute authorities. So S2ML supported 1-level chaining.

I would also express concern about a delegation model within SAML. There is
no
question that delegation is valuable and a core part of business practice;
the issue
is whether to include it within SAML 1.0.

- prateek