soa-blueprints message

Subject: FAQ and other pre-launch actions: SOA Adoption Blueprints TC

     *** MAIL LIST ***
     The mailing list for this TC has been opened (as a read-only list) for
administrative issues prior to the first TC meeting on 1 September (US
time).
    The TC's convener, Miko Matsumura, may be posting additional meeting
and planning details here.  Other plans like publicity issues also will be
posted or cross-posted there.  It also is archived at a URI reachable from
the links on the TC's member home page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-blueprints

     *** ROSTER ***
     All incoming persons who wish to participate will be posted to the
roster
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-blueprints/members/roster.php)
with the status of "applicant", and will be converted to TC "Voting
Members" at the first meeting if they meet the requirements of our rules,
described at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.3.  I will
communicate further with you about this individually if more is needed.
     Please note that prospective members new to OASIS first will need to
create an account on the OASIS database, as described at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/join.php?wg_abbrev=soa-blueprints.

     *** FAQ ***
     One early objective of the nascent TC will be to make metadata about
its plans available to the outside world.  The most important source is the
TC's charter at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/soa-blueprints/charter.php.  Another
is the TC's FAQ, for which we have reserved space at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/soa-blueprints/faq.php.
      As convener, Miko will coordinate writing the FAQ document.  Please
make your comments or suggestions available to him.  Please keep in mind
the following template developed by our OASIS Technical Advisory Board,
which identifies the most significant questions we think may arise from
prospective participants, OASIS members and the public:

>1. What is the rationale behind this standardization effort?  What is the
>motivation of the sponsors/authors?
>
>2. What is the scope of this effort?  What is explicitly out of the scope
>and why?
>
>3. Are there existing comparable or overlapping standards, or comparable
>standardization efforts currently under way (inside or outside OASIS)? How
>does the work of this technical committee relate to these?  What
>distinguishes this TC from similar work?  How do the differences add value?
>
>4. Is the product of this technical committee intended to be used in
>conjunction with other standards or complementary technologies?  What are
>these?  How does this work relate to these?  (Is the usage of these
>complements mandatory? optional? restricted or profiled?)
>
>5. Can you give some example of concrete applications that will benefit
>from standardizing the specifications from this TC?
>
>6. Is it anticipated that TC deliverables will be broadly used, deployed,
>and/or implemented?  Or are the deliverables intended for a narrow
>audience, possibly including only the TC membership?
>
>7. Do you see external factors that should help a broad acceptance and
>deployment of the specifications from this TC?   Any factors that may
>potentially hinder a broad acceptance and deployment?
>
>8. Do you know of companies or industry verticals that have already
>expressed interest in using the specification(s) produced by the TC in
>their products or services?
>
>9. Regarding the adoption of this specification(s) by a vendor for its
>products: is this a decision that vendor companies can make individually,
>or are the interoperability aspects important enough to require
>industry-wide, coordinated adoption?
>
>10. Have the authors and their companies considered further ways to
>promote the produced specication(s) after it is completed (PR, marketing,
>campaigns, industry consortiums...)
>
>11. What are the security implications, if any, of this effort?

     Best regards   Jamie Clark

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org