soa-eerp message

Subject: Groups - SOA-EERP TC Regular Teleconference modified

Corrected so full minutes were in this appointment rather than just in the
Calendar Documents folder.

bill cox

 -- Mr. William Cox*

SOA-EERP TC Regular Teleconference has been modified by Mr. William Cox*

Date:  Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Time:  09:00pm - 10:00pm ET

Event Description:
Regular teleconference meeting of the OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture End-to-End Resource Planning (SOA-EERP) TC.

Conference call by FreeConferenceCall.com
Conference Dial-in Number: +1 712 432-1601
Access Code: 168837#

PLEASE DO NOT USE SKYPE VOICE CALLING - the connection quality makes it hard to have a productive meeting. If you're OUTSIDE the US, contact William Cox for dial-in information, or call the US number above. International numbers and codes are the same ones used for the first meeting, and are local to many countries.

TEXT CHAT DURING MEETING:
http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/soa-eerp/

If you haven't used this chat before (or don't have cookies enabled in your browser), after you connect click on "Setting" in the top bar, and change the default name to yours. Select "Save Settings" to save your name and other settings in a cookie for your next use.

Please be prompt. It's best to call in five minutes early so we can start on time.

Agenda:
Call to Order.

Take attendance.

Approve minutes of prior meeting (17 September 2008).

Old Business:
(a) When will the contributions be made? (Action item)
(b) Where is the logistics and other information for the planned 23-24 October TC Face-to-face meeting in Hong Kong? Late for people to attend, and no information has been sent to the list. (Action item)
(c) Motion to cancel the Hong Kong TC meeting.

New Business:
(a) How to work going forward in the absence of the contributed documents--discussion
(b) Set times for next phone conference

Adjourn

Minutes:
Called to order at 9:00pm EDT.

Attending (managed in OASIS System):
Names in brackets used below.
Rex Brooks [Rex]
William Cox [Bill]
Patrick Gannon
Andy Lee [Andy]
Carl Mattocks [Carl]
Mary McRae [Mary]
Patrick Yee

Minutes:
The meeting of 17 September did not meet quorum; no minutes to approve. Note that OASIS rules move voting members to non-voting members after missing two meetings in a row, so the number of voting members and quorum requirements move down if people aren't attending.

Agenda per meeting notes.

Review of Action Items:

Action item 0000: Andy Lee, Committed 4 September, Due 16 September 2008. Contribute EERP White Paper(s) and Andy Lee Presentations
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-eerp/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=2318

Andy: sent out modified presentation material and modified white paper. Adding a third document. Modified Tutorial from Symposium.

Bill: Sent to whom? (Andy: to Bill only). Andy, you need to upload documents, and send email. Alternate: send as an attachment, but uploading is the preferred method. Mark it in the upload.

Andy: will try after the meeting today.

Action Item 0002: Andy Lee, Committed 4 September, Due 23 September 2008. Provide Agenda and Work List for planned Face to face meeting in Hong Kong. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-eerp/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=2320

A: Through discussion with overseas member list, we think it's not a good time to call a general meeting. Instead of a formal TC f2f, have an informal smaller scale meeting. Changfeng Alliance and Andy and maybe other interested parties will meet in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong trade admin bureau and a few others have expressed interest in a casual meeting. Also a tTaiwanese representative on EERP, Professor You, will participate.

Andy: I move to cancel the f2f meetings on Oct 22-24.
Second Carl Mattocks.
Motion passes unanimous consent. Meetings cancelled.

Further discussion on contributions.

Bill will upload three documents that Andy sent me in the past 24 hours. (reviewed documents and process after meeting: Bill cannot do so, per OASIS rules: Andy must upload and send contribution emails).

Meeting times:

Andy reported that Mr Fu Dongpu from Tongtech and Kirk Yang from Digital China have sent email saying they were caught in traffic and couldn't get to phone call. (Note: Kirk Yang is not a current member; needs to formally join before he can attend).

Rex: Like to maintain this time for at least two more meetings to give a chance to far east to get comfortable, get into their calendars, and pick up attendance.

Andy: appreciate everyone making an effort to attend. Sorry that my part of work didn't come up to speed. Traveling a lot. One more thing: in the past couple of months, our major work in China in my research team - go through what we have and what's been done.

The documents (use cases, prototype, technology stuff) - the program is not impressive, but did introductory check. Soon will publish these results. Please give us a little patience. Again, we are here in China from govt to industry, now have people from a few major institutions in HK and a major government joining this effort. Have momentum increasing.

Bill: thanks. we appreciate additional members. Will you be contributing these new documents? Please ask the new owner.  We appreciate you finishing the contribution process and allowing us to move forward.

Carl: I also ppreciate that the contribution is being made. I'd like to introduce potential work with BusCentralLogic (?) and theTC and ebXML registry TC. Regarding a potential f2f - I'm interested in Hong Kong in mid December.

Rex: Concur with what Carl said. Anxious to get started. once have contrib, will raise to SOA RM TC. (getting coordinated iwth Open Group and OMG - won't bring up until that works through.)

Mary: When the TC started, everyone was excited. Momentum has died down, took longer that we'd hoped to get started (the TC is not quite started - still waiting for contributions).  Andy, don't worry about the contributions being perfect. These are starting, not final documents. Something to start working with. Please don't hesitate to upload; you can always upload more recent copy when you have a chance. You're working on all sorts of things, your time is valuable. We appreciate the time you give to OASIS.

Adjourned 9:46pm EDT.

The following  members moved from Voting Member to Member at the end of this meeting, as they have not attended two meetings in a row per OASIS TC Process Section 2.4. (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#membership). To regain voting membership, please attend two consecutive meetings; voting membership will be restored at the end of the second meeting.

Pine Zhang, UOML Alliance
Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
Hisanao Sugamata, Elecronic Commerce Promotion
Chuan Liu, Beijing Tong Tech Co. Ltd

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Wednesday, 17 September 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 01 October 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 29 October 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 12 November 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 26 November 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 10 December 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET
Wednesday, 24 December 2008, 09:00pm to 10:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-eerp/event.php?event_id=19346

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20081029T000000Z
DTSTART:20081016T010000Z
DTEND:20081016T020000Z
SEQUENCE:11
SUMMARY:SOA-EERP TC Regular Teleconference
  Architecture End-to-End Resource Planning (SOA-EERP) TC.\n\nConference
  call by FreeConferenceCall.com\nConference Dial-in Number: +1 712
  432-1601\nAccess Code: 168837#\n\nPLEASE DO NOT USE SKYPE VOICE
  CALLING - the connection quality makes it hard to have a productive
  meeting. If you're OUTSIDE the US\, contact William Cox for dial-in
  information\, or call the US number above. International numbers and
  codes are the same ones used for the first meeting\, and are local to
  many countries.\n\nTEXT CHAT DURING
  MEETING:\nhttp://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/soa-eerp/\n\nIf you
  haven't used this chat before (or don't have cookies enabled in your
  browser)\, after you connect click on "Setting" in the top bar\, and
  change the default name to yours. Select "Save Settings" to save your
  name and other settings in a cookie for your next use.\n\nPlease be
  prompt. It's best to call in five minutes early so we can start on
  time.\n\nGroup: OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture End-to-End
  Resource Planning (SOA-EERP) TC\nCreator: Mr. William Cox*
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-eerp/event.php?event_id=19346
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-eerp/event.php?event_id=19346
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR