soa-eerp message

Subject: Re: [soa-eerp] Groups - Terminology (SOA OptimizationTerminology-0.1-D1-20081125.doc) uploaded

Looks like a good starting point, Bill,

Since we have the OASIS SOA RM and RA in the outline, we can use the
RA section, if we decide to do so, as a place to cover the ongoing
alignment effort between the OASIS RM TC's and RA SC and:
The OMG SoaML http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/08-08-04.pdf  and,
The Open Group SOA Ontology
http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/uploads/40/16940/soa-ontology-200-draft.pdf

Both organizations and documents specifically mention conformance to
or following some definitions in the OASIS SOA RM, so this effort
shows promise. This is an ongoing effort, so I wouldn't put it into
the outline at this point, but would keep it in mind for adding if
the effort to create this three-way alignment works out. At the very
least, some of us in the RA SC will build a mapping of terms among
these three efforts. It would go a long way toward developing a
unified view of SOA. However, I wouldn't hold my breath until it
comes about.

Cheers,
Rex

--