soa-eerp message

Subject: Re: [soa-eerp] Groups - Terminology (SOA OptimizationTerminology-0.1-D1-20081125.doc) uploaded

Hi Bill,

The SOA-RM-RA SC is working out a set of informal meetings with The
Open Group. We have tracked both the OMG and The Open Group efforts.
That's why I said the SC will build a mapping of terms, hopefully.
Dave Ellis of Sandia Natl Labs and Ken Laskey of MITRE are going to
be following these SOA efforts more closely, and I'll work with them
if the SC doesn't informally build a mapping. As I understand it,
short of a formal liaison effort, which hasn't been established as a
goal yet, we shouldn't do a formal mapping with The Open Group as a
workproduct under OASIS IPR considerations, at least not without
jumping through hoops and hurdling a bunch of obstacles. We've kept
in touch with Jamie on The Open Group initiative to informally confer
about ensuring that our work is at least aligned.

There is no initiative wrt OMG at this point. We just track their
work. Both groups reference the OASIS SOA-Reference Model, so we're
aligned at least that much.

Cheers,
Rex