Subject: RM ODP Comments

My initial take on ODP from the introduction and
overview is that it is similar to other software
methodology views of a system.

ODP Viewpoints: Enterprise Viewpoint, Information
Viewpoint, Computational Viewpoint, Engineering
Viewpoint, and Technology Viewpoint

UML 2.0 Views defined by Rumbaugh, Jacobson, and
Booch: Structural View, Dynamic View, Physical View,
Management View

Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF) -
Operational View, System View, Technical Standards
View

As Joe mentioned, ODP also incorporates the nature of
distributed object based interfaces such as CORBA and
DCOM.  Views for UML 2.0 and DODAF are also object
based.

For SOA, I see these methodologies having to be
tailored away from the self-sufficient concepts
incorporated into OO to the SOA concepts of
specialized computing interoperability.  At this point
in time, I believe people are on their own in trying
to tailor the before mentioned software methodologies
for SOA.   If someone were really ambitious on the RA
SC, they could do this tailoring of views or
viewpoints for the RA work.