Subject: How to Refer to Various Uses of the word "machine"

As I start to write my sections for the RA,  I find myself using the word
machine in several contexts and I wonder if we can come up with a way to
use these words that will be consistent through out our document.

One use of the word machine comes from our current use of the machine
metaphor for describing the RA.  I find phrases as the "SOA RA machine" to
be quite awkward. Another use of the word machine is a device such as a
computer that might be using the services of a particular SOA.  If the term
machine is used unmodified it is often unclear to which machine one is
referring.

I am sure we will find others.

Michael