Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - Modification of Policy_Contract_Business diagram (OASIS_Policy-Contract_Diagram.JPG) uploaded

Danny wrote: " Would it be more accurate to
model policies and contracts as distinct and separate entities " - I would say YES.

Danny wrote: "The difference in the models is whether we say a contract is a set of policies which contains a set of propositions or whether the set of propositions are part of either a contract or a policy" - I would say that "the set of propositions are part of" a contract AND/OR a policy. However, I believe that the statement "a contract is a set of policies" is too restrictive for RA. A contract may contain other things than Policies while I tend to assume that everything in a Contract MAY BE expressed in the form of Policies and other Contracts or related references.