Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - Modification of Policy_Contract_Business diagram (OASIS_Policy-Contract_Diagram.JPG) uploade

PLESASE, DISCARD MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE - IT WAS  SENT BY MISTAKE!

Frank wrote: "A service may have any number of descriptions."

I am not convinced it is true. If a service has different descriptions how we would know it is the same services? What defines a uniqueness of the service if it is not its description (different Service Registries can have their own ID models while the service stays the same, isn't it?)

The whole purpose of the Service Description, to my understanding, is having a stable uniqueness understanding what the service is about. If different audiences are looking up for different characteristics and find the same service, which has all of them, it is OK because the audience/clients decide if they want to use the service.

This is why I think that "one Service - one Description - many Contracts" is quite to the satisfaction of different audience. The great example of this was done by CORBA Object Trading Service  a service client could look up for the set of qualities/characteristics interested to him/her, i.e. interested to the audience the client represented. That is, it is not necessary to change a description to become suitable to the consumer.

-	Michael