Subject: My comments, proofreading and suggestions for PR2a up to Sec. 5

Hi Folks,

In light of the fact that Ken's recently posted excerpts represent
potential changes to Sec. 5 and I just finished a line by line review
of the SOA-RA PR2a.doc  up to Sec. 5 I thought I would send my
16-page list of questions, suggested edits and some comments now
rather than wait (some comments I didn't carry over from the copy of
the document I worked from).

I have another specification I'm editing, and its causing headaches
and heartburn, and I have had bad news concerning a lifelong friend,
so I don't know when I'm going to finish the rest. I am looking at
Ken's latest now.

I decided against sending along my edited copy of the document
itself, as just too much to deal with, but if these detailed notes
are too cumbersome, I can send it along. When I saved it with all
changes accepted, it still only reduced the size by two pages. I
thought about the impact of deleting some of the subsections but I
honestly think they are all needed up to this point. I think the
current draft is getting quite close, and once Sec 5 is fully
crafted, I think we'll be ready for a Public Review.

As with Ken, I have constituencies that need to be using some of this
work now, and I specifically want to use Section 3.3.2 Resources
through Section 3.3.3 Ownership  plus Section 4.1.1 The Model for
Service Description through 4.1.1.3 Model Elements Specific to
Service Description. I will just have to condition my use on the fact
that the spec is not fully baked yet.

Rex Brooks
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design