Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Dispositioning Rex's Comments to PRa2 draft

I added more responses to Rex's comments.   The list Jeff made has been updated and attached.

Danny

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Estefan, Jeff A" <jeffrey.a.estefan@jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, March 10, 2009 4:11 pm
To: "soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org" <soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org>

Editors,

Attached is a simple text file responding to Rex’s comments to the PRa2 draft of the RA for the areas of the RA for which I have cognizance.  Suggest the editors of the remaining sections do the same.  Suppose we could create an issue tracking spreadsheet but I don’t think that’s necessary.  Of course Frank has the “master blaster” copy for final edit so we’ll each have to send Frank our latest updates to incorporate into the master copy; hopefully, soon.

This is a somewhat out-of-band review process from the normal course of events we embarked on several months ago, but given that Rex took the time to read through the latest draft with a keen eye toward cleaning up the editorial issues and ambiguities, it’s a worthwhile exercise to check your respective sections.

I did have a few open questions and those are reflected in the attached file.  Some of these will need to be discussed as a group.  Fortunately, there are not very many of them.

Bye for now…

 - Jeff

generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
Response to Rex

Abstract -
Reject (consistent with the RM in which audience is mentioned in both abstract and introduction) - Jeff
Is this already done in the new version? - Danny

1.1.1 -
Accept - Jeff
Accept - Elimination of redundancy, agree reduction does not detract from meaning. - Danny

1.1.2

Question regarding opinions
Accept - Jeff
Accept - Danny

SOA-based system vs. SOA system
defer to Frank (impacts entire document) Maybe confusing w.r.t SOA ecosystem vs simply SOA system. - Jeff
Can change SOA system to SOA-based system - Danny

5th paragraph mod
Accept - Jeff

1.1.4 -
Suggested Edit (1) - Accept - Jeff
Suggested Edit (2) - Accept - Jeff
Comment - Accept - Jeff

1.1.5 - Accept - Jeff

1.2 - Defer to Frank - Jeff

1.3.2 - Accept - Jeff

1.4 Table 1 - Don't understand the question - Jeff

2.1.1.1 - Accept - Jeff

2.1.2 - Accept - Jeff

2.1.2.1 - Accept - Jeff

Questions - Out of band for this subsection, but should be discussed.

2.1.2.4 - Accept - Jeff

2.2 - Need to discuss.  Don't see the point of the update or comments. - Jeff

4.2.3.2 - Accept - Danny

4.3.1 - Accept - Jeff

4.3.2 - Accept - Jeff

4.3.3.1 - Accept - Jeff

4.3.3.3 - Accept - Jeff

Suggested edit - Accept (Need to check update sent to Frank that now reflects Delegate vice Agent)

4.3.4 - Accept - Jeff

4.3.4.1 - Accept (except meta-level aspects vs metadata.  We specifically chose not to use metadata anywhere in the RA (or in the RM although there is one occurence of the word in the RM). - Jeff

4.3.4.2 - Accept - Jeff

4.3.5 - Accept - Jeff

4.4 - Accept - Danny

4.4.1 - Accept - Danny

4.4.2 - Reject - The example elaborates on obligation and permission and describes a possible relationship between obligation, permission, and contracts. - Danny

4.4.3 - Accept - Except remove the angle brackets, <>, from the text. - Danny

4.4.5 - Accept - The sections this paragraph applied to have been removed. The paragraph in the comment should be removed. - Danny

4.4.6.2 - Accept - Danny

4.4.6.3 - Accept - Danny

4.4.7 - Accept - bullet could be reworded - "conflict resolution of policy rules or elevation of conflicts to a higher authority." - Danny