Subject: Re: Willingness based on Trust discussion

I've read this and reread this a number of times
and my opinion is that this discussion about the
necessary and sufficient Willingness Conversation
in establishing mutual Trust is at the proper
level of abstraction for inclusion in the SOA RAF
and I view it as a Requirement.

Without this explicit delineation of the
Willingness Conversation in Trust, a critical and
irreplacable Critical Success Factor, Confidence,
is damaged to such an extent, I doubt that the
RAF will be usable in the Emergency Management
Technical Committee's Emergency Data Exchange
Language (EDXL) family of Standards context.

Dave and I need this for the EDXL Reference
Information Model (EDXL-RIM), which is cast at
the same level of abstraction, especially as it
informs the basis for the next version of the
EDXL Distribution Element (EDXL-DE).

EDXL-DE sets the standard for packaging and
routing emergency messages, for which
establishing Willingness in SOA RAF Trust is
indispensible, especially using the other members
of the EDXL family. The DE is also a standard
that has numerous times been suggested for wider
application, either as a basis for a similar
specification or duplicated without the
"emergency" designation. (We have not suggested
this, it has been brought up to us.)

Additionally, we are scheduled to begin formally
collecting Requirements for the next version of
EDXL-DE in less than a month, so this is not a
matter of stubbornness or bullheadedness, but
crucial timing.

--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO