Subject: Definition Map sample

Hi everyone,

I have attached a sample of the Definition Map I am constructing based on Peter's spreadsheet. I'd like to ask you to take a look at the picture and tell me if you are OK with this style of presentation.

I have chosen a graphical presentation of XML Schema for the visualisation of the Definitions and their cross-dependencies. Each global element=definition has 2-3 sub-elements that represent the versions of the definition named after related dates. Each sub-element has an annotation, which is the text of the definition for that date. The reference between definitions are expressed by small arrow.

I can extend and collapse the chains of elements in the picture, and I can convert it into the XML Schema (xsd) text that you can run in any XML development tools to recreate the graphical presentation of the Schema. I can add/remove new definitions and their texts anywhere touching no unaffected elements in the rest of the Schema.

Please, let me know what do you think about this.

Regards,
- Michael

DefinitionMap.xsd

DefinitionsMap.JPG