Subject: Management Concept - Jan 29 - 11

Gentlemen,
I have modified Management Concept section and offer it for your review.
The modification are based on the RAF version: Editors’ Draft, 17-01-2011 (Starting Point: Draft 04 21 Dec 2010).

I have incorporated together my own changes, the text prepared by Dan Haston and the comments received from Boris
(In this version, one service is still considered as a  potential  resource for another service, i.e. I have not changed the definition of 'resource' in our Glossary)

All pages of the attached document are split into two parts - the original text of Editors’ Draft, 17-01-2011(left-hand side) and modified text (right-hand side). All modifications are written in blue. The line numbers in the modified text (right-hand side) should be ignored.
The texts comprise 3 parts:
  • first part contains fragments that precede the Management Concept section but refer to management
  • second part is the Management Concept section itself ( the full text )
  • third part contains fragments that follow the Management Concept section and refer to management (mainly in Glossary)

In addition to  changes related to management, I have used (and correspondingly defined) a new term that allows us to clearly distinguish between technical/IT 'system' and 'SOA-based system' scoped enterprise-wide: I proposed and have used the term SOA-based solution. The term 'solution' carries a connotation of combination of technical and manual/human/business means.
I hope to discuss attached document in the next Telcon if agenda permits.

Regards,
- Michael

OASIS-RAF Management Concept - comparison with new version.docx