[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: for this week [was: [soa-rm-ra] Proposed edits to SOA-RAF Committee Specification Public review Draft]
I’d suggest we stick with the 22nd and push on. In the run up to the end of the year, every day counts.
There are also a couple of other TC’s referring to RAF terminology and one that I know which wants to include RAF as a normative reference.
Once the TC approves the document, we (you, as chair) still have to request a TC membership ballot and we have to adopt the document by a qualified majority vote.
The only change that we still need to incorporate, AFAICT, is the change in Kevin’s affiliation.
If we have all the ducks lined up, the TC meeting on the 22nd should be a formality (albeit an important one)
I am finally caught up in email and notice I've responded to several for which Peter has already made changes.
Please consider Peter's scenario below as the basis for this week's agenda. One change is that November 22 is the day before Thanksgiving, which is not usually an acceptable time to schedule meetings of any significance. Unless we want to commit to being a very dedicated group, I propose calling a TC meeting the following week, November 29.
On Nov 2, 2012, at 8:37 PM, Peter F Brown wrote:
As agreed at this week’s RAF meeting, attached is an updated document, containing the proposed edits to the last Public Review Draft.
The next full TC meeting will have to decide:
- whether the edits are to be considered as “non-material changes” in which case no further public review is required and the TC can proceed to call for a full committee ballot to approve the latest document as a Committee Specification (this is now allowed following a recent change to the OASIS TC process);
- whether the changes are “material”, in which case and if these edits are accepted, the TC will need to proceed with a further public review before it can finalize the work.
Please send any comments on this new draft to the full TC RM list (no new issues).
Along with the updated document, I also attach a copy of the Issues List, updated in light of the decisions of the RAF sub-committee meeting this week. The TC will have to formally accept these dispositions, whichever path it decides to follow.
Ken will send out further information in the coming days regarding a date for the full TC meeting (we discussed a provisional date of 21 November).
P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA