Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - Event "SOA-RAF" modified

Hi Mike,

I will be giving a report on this at our next SC meeting. The short answer for now, yes, but it is not a conscious or quotable choice. I will have to take up the issue with those folks in NCOIC who have worked on Cycle 1 of  the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) project to develop a geo-community cloud.Cycle 2 will start up in about a month with an official RFP for which we should give thought to submitting a proposal. They are structuring it along lines that are essentially the same as what we discuss in the SOA-RAF. However, there are a lot of permissions I will need to solicit, so we can't say that yet.

For a number of reasons, it is politically advantageous (e.g. it requires engaging  less govt bureaucracy), to make the use-case scenario for the NGA project one of humanitarian assistance. That is actually very good timing for us because, as the OASIS liaison, it means that I will have a ready audience for the Emergency Services Operational (Net-Centric) Pattern which uses the standards from the OASIS Emergency Management TC, and explicitly uses the OASIS SOA-RAF and SOA-RM.

So there are a number convergences that I will make the case for with those from whom I need permission to quote or from whom I want to solicit a statement of use for our push to make the SOA-RAF an OASIS Standard.

Then there's the whole NATO Communications and Information Agency connection, but that does not come close to using our SOA-RAF, unless or until they discover their need to help develop an international SOA Ecosystem. It is in their interest but I/we still need to make the case for them.

On 2/20/2013 4:27 AM, Mike Poulin wrote:
Rex,
 this may be a good news. Could you, please, articulate (for me) what does mean "used from a cloud capability". Is there an approach and definition of capability of a cloud service based on RAF?

- Michael

----- Original Message -----

From: Rex Brooks

Sent: 02/19/13 09:11 PM

To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Ken, Everyone,

I will be late due to 11:00 am Eastern -- a demonstration of the NGA funded Cycle 1 Geospatial Community Cloud Concept Demonstration.

Chances are about 100% that our work will be used from a cloud capability. I should be able to join in by noon Eastern.

Event Title: SOA-RAF
Date: Wednesday, 20 February 2013, 11:30am to 01:00pm EST
Description

703-983-6338

ID 762723 (spells soaraf)

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
Owner: Dr. Ken Laskey
Group: SOA-RM Reference Architecture SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.

Rex Brooks
GeoAddress:
1361-A Addison
Berkeley, CA 94702