Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Definition of "Service Consumer"

Personally, I'm not game for votes on individual definitions.  I just
want to reiterate my assertion that "invoke" is too narrow a word here,
given the discussion that took place originally over "requester" vs.
"consumer".  I'm still not convinced such a role is even required to be
defined in this document unless the consensus is to model the RM in a
"rigid" modeling language.

-matt
On 8-Apr-05, at 2:34 AM, Gregory A. Kohring wrote:

> Here is a summary of yesterdays proposals for defining
> the term "Service Consumer":
>
> 1) Software that invokes an instance,
>
> 2) Software that uses a service instance,
>
> 3) An agent that wishes to interact with a service,
>
> 4) An agent that interacts with a service in order to
>    achieve a goal,
>
> 5) An entity that binds with a service is playing the
>    role of service consumer,
>
> where the suggested definition of "agent" was:
>
> 1) An Agent is a software program acting on behalf of an owner.
>
> (By substituting this definition in some of the above suggestions
> you can come up with yet more definitions of service consumer.)
>

> Now, just out of curiosity, how do we proceed from here?
> Do we vote on one of the suggested definitions? (This implies we
> should vote on the definitions of all the terms to be used in the
> final document.) Or do we leave it up to the editors to pick the
> definition which best fits the style of writing being used
> within the final document?
>

> -- Greg
>

> --
> G.A. Kohring
> C&C Research Laboratories, NEC Europe Ltd.

Matthew MacKenzie
matt@mac-kenzie.net
* Read my blog! http://blog.tekni.ca/