Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Security

What about considering a division between the functional and the
operational aspects of interaction with a service?

I tend to use contract to represent the functional aspects of
interaction (which includes syntax and semantics) whereas I tend to use
policy to represent operational aspect of interaction (which would
include security, QoS, etc).

Rephrasing Matt's message, we'd end up with:
"Service policy may mandate security requirements to be met, and if they
are not, interaction may be refused."

Rebekah

Rebekah Metz
Associate