Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece:"Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"

Joseph:

This is the data model we agreed is a component of the SOA RM (as the
name would imply).   It is not newly coined.  It is defined in our draft
glossary (please see the draft v 06)

"The logical expression of a set of information items associated with
the consumption of a service.".

Perhaps this is not optimal.  An abstract data model does not need to be
classified as either canonical, deterministic, logical or any other
implementation specific nuance IMO.  Logical Expression should maybe be
replaced with "abstract model" but we also should not use model to
define model.

Duane

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> These are very interesting thoughts - I like the term "SOA data
> model". Can you please clarify further what the difference between a
> "SOA data model" and a "canonical data model" would be? (since I
> believe "SOA data model" may now be a newly coined term)

Chair - OASIS Service Oriented Architecture Reference Model Technical Committee -
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm
Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html