Subject: RE: [soa-rm] another possible SOA diagram (revised)

Ken,

Intuitively, I like this one.  One question: how is the resource different
than the service?  Also, for the TC to use, we may be able to identify the
essential elements with a * and then the other optional elements to show
where they fit (for example, I see basic logging as non-essential, but this
diagram shows where it fits).

The diagram may not show up in the actual RM doc, but it may be useful for
us as a conceptual model.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 12:43 AM
To: 'SOA-RM'
Subject: [soa-rm] another possible SOA diagram (revised)

I played with the ideas in the sketch a bit more.  As noted in the
previous email:

I would not necessarily advocate it being used instead of the one Duane
drew but given I had it, I thought I'd pass it around for comments.
The 3D presentation may make it look too concrete but I was looking for
a way to show there was something SOA I was building services on and
there could be any number of services.  Note a resource could be a
registry but even that would be exposed through services and have
metadata.