Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Service Consumer in RM or not?

I wonder if its not good enough, from our perspective, to just say
that a contract is, well, a contract.  Do we gain much at this level
by differentiating between an un-ratified and a ratified contract
when fundamentally it is the realized contract that is core to SO?

I guess the above characterizes my entire approach to building this
RM in such a way as to leave implementation details to the RAs.  And
notice how I talk about RA in the plural form.  I'm really sensitive
to issues around scope, because I do not want to force architects to
ignore the RM because we are too rigid in our definition of something
that, upon reflection, was not even core to our model.  The goal is
for architects to ignore the RM because the service oriented paradigm
does not fit their architecture, and that is the only valid reason I
want them to have.

-matt