Subject: Issues #30-#60: My Comments

This completes my review of my set of issues:

Issue #30: Do not concur.

- Explanation: As was discussed during this week's conference call, I believe that the notion of context should be re-added to our spec. It was replaced by "real-world effect" in 7B, but I believe that both notions should be included - that is, a service can have both a context and a real-world effect. In fact, the same service may have different real-world effects depending on its context.

Issue #31Still open, per our con call this week (requires discussion at F2F).

Issue #32Concur.

Issue #33: Still open, per our con call this week (requires discussion at F2F - involves context).

Issue #34Concur.

Issue #35Concur.

Issue #36Do not concur.

- Explanation: The original comment suggested replacing "shared expectations" with "shared understanding" (see original comment for rest of suggested wording), because the submitter felt that semantics are more about meaning (and understanding) than expectations, as the term "expectation" conveys that there is something pre-conceived, while semantics "strike you" at the point at which you try to process something in your mind (i.e. there is no expectation) - you understand what you understand, and don't understand what you don't understand. The PD stated that the suggestion was "too architectural in nature", with which I completely disagree. It was not my intent to discuss architecture, but rather our explanation of what "semantics" meant.

Issue #37Concur.

Issue #38Do not concur.

- Explanation: Original text still in 7B, verbatim. Original issue still holds.

Issue #39Concur.

Issue #40Concur.

Issue #41Concur.

Issue #42Concur.