Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Definition(s) of "service"

I believe it's all a matter of perspective. Some would consider the room
to be the service, with the door being its interface. However, that's
not the best analogy since a room doesn't exhibit any certain behaviors.
If one has a shoe shining service, I believe that the set of behaviors
(in this case shoe shining) *is* the service, and it also has an
interface (e.g. the front desk of the shoe shining storefront) that is
the "gateway" to the service, or its interface.

Not recommending that we adopt this viewpoint - just expressing it.

O: 703-902-6923
C: 202-251-0731