Subject: Draft status

RMers,

I have decided to release Draft 09 on Monday or Tuesday in order to
incorporate some excellent proofreading input and other minor changes.
I realize that there are a few different drafts floating around, and I
wanted to "fix" that problem prior to issues being lodged.

In future, each logical editor's draft will span two revisions.  So,
Draft 10 will be submitted to the proofreaders, and proofreading
comments against Draft 10 will be rolled into Draft 11 which is
forwarded to the TC for consideration.  I like to think of this as being
similar to a "smoke test" in the software world, with the extra
versioning overhead thrown in to guarantee that we can always identify
authoritative versions of the document.

Regards,

--
Matt MacKenzie