Subject: OASIS SOA-RM Presentation in Washington DC Next Week

I am pleased to announce that Rebekah Metz and I will be co-presenting at a SOA-focused US federal event next Tuesday (01/24/06), primarily on the topic of our Reference Model. The event is the monthly "Collaboration Expedition Workshop" that is conducted under the US Federal CIO Council, where there is a SOA focus this month.

Our presentation is titled "Orientation to the Potentials and Realities of SOA, in light of the DRM v2.0 and OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture Reference Model (SOA-RM)" (the federal sponsors of the event like longer titles:), and in addition to the main topic of SOA-RM and a general SOA overview, we will also include:

- The SOA Adoption Blueprints TC (our TC rep from our Atlanta office will talk to the slides via phone);

- Tying SOA-RM to the FEA Data Reference Model (DRM);

- The current work that is being done (by Booz Allen) on "Service Component Based Architecture" under the US Federal CIO Council;

All are invited to attend in person (some TC members are in the DC area) or via phone. Though this is an all-day event, our presentation will be 1-1:45pm US EST.

For more information on the event, including the program, please see [1]. RSVP is required for in-person attendence - please see http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/VenueLogistics_2006_01_24.

We will be happy to give a report-back on reactions to our TC's excellent work.

Joe

[1] http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/AdvancingCredibleCommitments_AgileSensing_BootstrappingServiceOrientedArchitecture_2006_01_24

Joseph Chiusano
Associate