Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for issue #511

I don't believe that there has been a seconding of this proposed
resolution - so I would like to say that I concur with the resolution
expressed below (no changes to text).

Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

From: Frank McCabe [mailto:frank.mccabe@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 1:04 AM
To: SOA-RM
Subject: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for issue #511

The issue reads: "A capability is a potential to realize a specific
quality. Would you be able to define which resources and means enable
the execution of a capability?"

Again, this follows from issues 508, and 510. As far as the RM itself is
concerned, those are out of scope. However, in an implementation of an
SOA, it may be convenient for internal purposes to organize your
architecture in terms of a layer of resources and another layer of
defining capabilities in terms of those resources. The RM itself
deliberately tries to avoid issues of realization and focus on the
entity being realized.

Proposed change to text: none.