Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Re: shared state

Gary's example draws a good analogy between
established human services within organizations and
the potential for the end result of specialized
interoperable SOA services.

From a human perspective, if there are
misunderstandings in the "inherently private" state of
a human service, people can adapt and make corrections
for the misunderstadings if needed. For a computing
environment, I would quantify "inherently private". In
the SOA RM, state is an abstract set of concepts as
stated in Interactions, Real World Effects, and the
Execution Context.  The quantification of achieving
state is defined by Visiblity, Service Descriptions,
Contracts and Policy, and Interaction.

Gary's discussion follows Duane's statement of a
service/entity maintaining its state.  This also
follows my view of state when discussing a computing
system.  I like Frank's points about shared state and
views and I think Frank's statements are accurate and
appropriate at the level of a Reference Model.

Danny