Subject: Avaya, Inc. observers on SOA RM TC (WAS: Re: [soa-rm] Result ofVoting on SOA-RM v1.0 as OASIS Standard)

Avaya, Inc does have two observers on this TC.  They are:

Janis Putman
Dr. Li Yan

I am not aware of any statements made by either of them to the TC although I
can clarify they had full access to all email traffic and our work over the
past year.  If anyone is aware of any comments or concerns they have offered
prior to this no vote, please share back to the list.

I have requested in my letter to Avaya if they can please specify if some
aspect of the standards creation process did not allow them a sufficient
opportunity to get involved or express their concerns prior to the final
vote.  We have a duty to understand if the TC process is broken and help fix
it.

Also - let all formal communication to Avaya should probably come from the
TC chair perspective please (at least until Wednesday's meeting).  If we
send any communication to them, it should be done using the same balanced
and fair approach the TC always uses.

Duane

On 10/2/06 5:57 AM, "Matt MacKenzie" <mattm@adobe.com> wrote:

> Not that I can recall.

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.       *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee*
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                *