Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Result of Voting on SOA-RM v1.0 as OASIS Standard

Steve:

We have to follow due process.  They are commenting on the 1.0 spec and we
have to consider their input for the decision of whether or not to proceed
to a full standard.  We need to understand if Avaya has found something in
the spec which we all missed.  Let's give them a fair chance to do so.

Duane

On 10/2/06 6:01 AM, "Jones, Steve G" <steve.g.jones@capgemini.com> wrote:

> To play devils advocate here (I'm on a retainer) we've received 89 yes
> votes, and for the last several months people have had ample opportunity.
> If Avaya flesh out areas of concern this will either mean we ignore them
> (otherwise we have to go back through the cycle) or we make the changes
> which means it counts as an entirely new submission.
>
> I'd propose that we get the feedback and consider it within the scope of a
> 1.1 proposal.
>
> A vague concern that it allows things to be defined as SOA that aren't in
> the opinion of the voter SOA doesn't out weight the over 25% of OASIS voters
> (10% above target) who thought that it did.  Lets shift to standard and then
> look at revisions within the scope of a 1.1 or a 2.0.
>
> Steve

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.       *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee*
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                *