Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Fwd: High-Level Graphic Defn of SOA

Michael,
By definition, ESB is just an intermediary pattern. Based on the fact
that distributed communications are always done over the network, its by
definition is an ESB. On another hand, ESB in order to be useful has to
support some functionality and as a result requires some
software/hardware appliances. Depending on whether you include these
appliances in the enterprise network structure it will or will not act
as an ESB. But then the question is whether other parts of enterprise
IT, applications servers, for example, are part of enterprise network
structure? Where do you draw the line?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Poulin [mailto:mpoulin@usa.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:14 PM
To: Rex Brooks; Ken Laskey; soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Rex,

I briefly looked at your slides, and No. 8 particularly. I just curious,
why the slide specifies Secure Web Services? Is Web Service the best
technology in this case? Would it be possible having any other interface
to the Secure Services? As we know, presence of Web Services does not
constitute a Service-oriented solution yet. In QCon-2009, people agreed
(not argued) on that the only one really reasonable ESB is the
enterprise network structure, everything else is the most of the time
not needed extra.

Cheers,
- Michael

http://networkcentricity.wik.is/Emergency_Response_%2f%2f_Emergency_Mana
gement_Pattern I will be using the RA, so I'll pass that section by the
SC if I get it done in time. The Common Alerting Protocol-Integrated
Public Alert and Warning System Profile in its 60-Day Public Review is
scheduled to heat up again next week, and talks with Google about
collaborating on an EDXL-Hospital AVailability Exchange project or set
of projects got started yesterday, and the RA plays into that effort as

------------------

> > Ken Laskey
> >
> > MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
> >
> > 7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379
> >
> > McLean VA 22102-7508
>

> -- Rex Brooks
> President, CEO
> Starbourne Communications Design
> GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
> Berkeley, CA 94702
> Tel: 510-898-0670
> << IntegratedResponseServicesPattern.ppt >>

Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com