Subject: Re: [soa-rm] RE: Service definition at nauseum

When the Service Consumer is an aggregator it may need to know details
that are not included in the interface provided for the
end-user-consumer. Such details may need to be arranged out of band, but
there are times when pre-conditions dictate that some component of the
service MUST be available, such as a mobile surgery unit requiring a
certified anesthesiologist. The immediate consumer is an aggregator that
must know this BEFORE it can allow itself to complete the negotiations
with the end-user-jurisdiction through its own service interface. In
this case the ulitmate end-user is the current incident command system
on site in an emergency with mass casualties.

We have to be careful when we try to make one-size-fits-all statements.
We may need to be satisfied with one-size-fits-most. However it is
acceptable to me to say that the general case is that the implementation
details MAY be opaque to the end-user Service Consumer. We may need to
distinguish aggregator-consumers from end-user-consumers.

Cheers,
Rex