Subject: Computing Landscape Changes we should factor into our discussions

One of my many/several newsletters turned up an interesting article on how computing is changing from the viewpoint of Ross Brown, senior vice president of worldwide partners and alliances at VMware. The Doyle Report: The New Rules of Computing from MSPMentor.

The particular point that cross-referenced into my interest in the Semantic Web was the search engine connection to Box Computing's Semantic Search:

"The SaaS experience has become the norm. The notion of “always on, just works and comes with 24x7 remote support” functionality has become the new corporate standard. No matter where they are developed, how they are deployed or even paid for, customers want the access and performance of business apps to work like Box or Office 365."

Quick research on Box Computing turned up this article: Baidu's Box Computing: Beating Google At Its Own Game

It turns out that this is from 2012 and I haven't found anything later, except a reference to a ongoing healthcare controversy with one of Baidu's services. So, I can't say that the reference to semantic search is of current interest, but it cross-connected for me.

I don't agree with all of the observations in the MSPMentor article. I'm not involved much with channels so I don't identify with VARs and MSPs as much as I once did, but I think a look into the arena of managed services solution providers is worth a look, especially if it is reflecting a convergence of semantic technologies with software delivery in the same Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud environment where MSA is taking hold.

More to consider.

Rex

--
Rex Brooks