staff-liaison-ooef message

Subject: FYI only (was) Fwd: Current status; was Re: You contributions to CWA on semantic layer and evaluation of EDXL-CAP and EDXL-SitRep

[nonpublic]

Gershon: Only tangential, but this is to illustrate that Harm Jan and I are in limited periodic touch with individual OOEF directors when feasible, like here, so that they are kept aware of matters perhaps of interest, and have some of the feeling of backup formerly provided by Carol CS. Or at least some recovery of morale after OASIS' long silence. In this case, as you may know, Andriana accepted some advisory board roles for OOEF related to the OASIS EMTC work, which generated the cooperation described below. No action required here. Jamie

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaborationÂ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andriana Prentza <aprentza@unipi.gr>
Date: Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:34 PM
To: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>, Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, Elysa Jones <elysajones@yahoo.com>
Cc: Harm Jan van Burg <harmjan.vanburg@oasis-open.org>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>

Well done! Happy to read this!

Best regards

Andriana

ÎÏÎÏ 11/8/2022 6:28 Î.Î., Î/Î Rex Brooks ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
Thanks Jamie and Hi Everyone,

I certainly want to make this as good as I can.

Cheers,
Rex

On 8/11/2022 1:16 AM, Jamie Clark wrote:
[OASIS team only]
Looks like a big win, so far, Rex. Thanks. JamieÂ

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 11:59 PM Dario Ruiz Lopez <dario.ruiz@atos.net> wrote:

Hello, Rex.

I have been studying Rexâs contribution and he is completely right when he says that there are issues to address. I have devoted half of today to read the content to provide some initial feedback and I have not covered even  of the document yet.

In any case, the important thing is Rex has made many important comments that will need further discussion to be addressed and agreed. For the moment, the most important thing that I have seen is that I think that our proposal for a semantic layer is compatible with the EDXL-ct concept of valueType and valueListURI, but this is something that we will need to check more carefully and explain in case it is true. And if it is not true, then probably it will be worth to study if we can make our proposal compatible with OASIS with a little change.

As I say, I am analysing the whole contribution and hope to come back with my own response in the next days.

Thank you very much Rex!

Best regards