stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] committee introductions

James E. French is Standards Director for the American Institute of
Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
I have been involved with standards development and applications as well
As other kinds of technical publications throughout my career.  I am
concerned about consistency in data access and retrieval, hence my interest
in the approach to organizing the many sources of standards information on a
basis larger than the usual proprietary approaches.
I hope we can wind up with a structure and methodology that will permit the
further development of finer taxonomies and thesauri in various industry
sectors that will be consistent and interoperate.