tab-askthetab message

Subject: Re: [tab-askthetab] [Fwd: [askthetab] errata question] - Question2

Mary,

Mary McRae wrote:
> I've actually already sent a reply to him - will forward to askthetab
> list. while in general "what makes for a substantive change" or "how
> to handle errata" would be a good thing for the TAB to create, this
> really was a "here's the TC Process rule and an example" which I answered.

I assume it would be appropriate to draw on the experience of the TAB to
comment on the TC process on errata? As you know, I am concerned in
particular with how the errata process at OASIS can be coordinated with
others in an increasingly pluralistic standards universe. To enable that
sort of coordination, I suspect it will take more than trivial mapping
of terminology. Issues range from who can suggest, who responds, what to
do post-TC (is there a time when "maintenance" stops for example?). That
seems to me to be a first step, before even considering more complex
issues of relationships with other organizations.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau