tac message

Subject: Updates regarding the TAC ontology and TC

TAC TC,

This email disseminates important information regarding the TAC Ontology and the TC.

1. As a committee in the last two meetings, we made an informed decision to update/refine the architectural design of the TAC ontology,  document it, and refactor the ontology itself. This approach will allow us to provide the community with a resilient product that can more easily be utilized, extended, and integrated and also bring us to a point where we are mature enough and ready to issue an official release statement for the TAC ontology.

Refining the architectural design will allow us to follow a set of specific and common principles concerning how we design the concepts, how they are made available to the official repository, and how they are integrated into the TAC ontology.

Based on the refined design, we will refactor the current ontology, document everything in a simplified and understandable way, and then introduce the new concepts that currently many members are working on using a structured approach (streamlined process). Simply stated, the changes will improve the usability of the ontology both for utilization and development purposes.

The upcoming meetings will focus on finalizing and accepting the refined architecture and refactoring the current version of the ontology.

2. One of the members joined the TAC TC a few days ago, Raihanul Haque. He is a master's student at the University of Oslo, and from August, he will work intensively on a research topic related to the TAC ontology for his dissertation. I think that Raihan will join our meeting on Friday. Please think of some research topics to present to Raihan. A topic may be for example a particular concept that needs to be part of the TAC ontology.

Cu all on Friday.

Thanks.
Vasileios and Ryan
TAC TC Co-chairs