tag-discuss message

Subject: How about a workshop before launching the TC?

I like a lot of what I see in the proposed charter for a TC, but I still
wonder if existing technologies could be used to address the need. One way
to take more readings on the state of the art is to convene a workshop.
The Call for Papers would ask specifically for work already underway (or
completed) about formal methods of specification for interoperable
technologies, as well as experiments that have been conducted in
generating either test cases or code from specs that follow a rigid
format. Notice of the workshop should be distributed in the documentation
community (e.g., STC) as well as the software engineering community.

Of course, this is just a rough idea, open to copious amendments by others
on the list.
.................David Marston