tag-discuss message

Subject: Re: [tag-discuss] TA definition: one more try

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:
> Trying to blend the latest proposals on TA definition, in the blurb we
> had before (e.g. it appears that the term implementation should be
> replaced with "item under test"):
>

> " A test assertion (TA), also sometimes defined as test specification,
> is understood in this charter with the following general meaning:
> A TA always refers to an item under test (IUT), either implicitly
> or explicit if it is necessary that the TA identifies the item in some
> unambiguous manner.
> A TA describes the expected output or behavior for the item under test
> within specific operation conditions, in a way that can be measured or
> tested.
> A TA may refer to an abstract test harness architecture that
> characterizes test components in terms of their interaction with the IUT.
> Each test assertion is an independent, complete, testable statement
> for requirements in the specification. Test assertions are generally
> different from test cases, which are more detailed and contingent to a
> concrete test framework: TAs are the basis to write test cases, and
> relate the latter to the narrative of the target specification."
>

> DOes that satisfy everyone - at least for a charter definition ?
>
> NOTE: the "Test Metadata" W3C doc talks of "testable assertions" which
> I think is not the same as TA here... right Patrick? (fearing to open
> a new can of worms here...)
>
> -Jacques
It seems good for me.

Regards,
Vladimir

--
Vladimir Sosnin
Sun Microsystems                   vladimir.sosnin@sun.com

begin:vcard
fn:Vladimir Sosnin
n:Sosnin;Vladimir
org:Sun Microsystems Inc.;J2SE JDMX BU322
adr:;;;St. Petersburg;;;Russia
email;internet:Vladimir.Sosnin@Sun.COM
title:Software Engineer
tel;work:x33105